By David Waldstreicher
A spouse to John Adams and John Quincy Adams provides a set of unique historiographic essays contributed by way of major historians that disguise various facets of the lives and politics of John and John Quincy Adams and their spouses, Abigail and Louisa Catherine.
- Features contributions from best historians and Adams’ scholars
- Considers sub-topics of curiosity corresponding to John Adams’ position within the overdue 18th-century death of the Federalists, either Adams’ presidencies and efforts as diplomats, faith, and slavery
- Includes chapters on Abigail Adams and one on Louisa Adams
Read Online or Download A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
Whereas the effect of racial coverage has lengthy been an element in American overseas coverage, one really obtrusive instance is U. S. family members with Haiti. The stricken courting begun lower than George Washington, who approved the dispatch of hands and ammunition to aid the French planters of Saint Dominique, latest Haiti, suppress the black uprising.
Now to be had in paperback! This biography is the compelling tale of Amanda Berry Smith, a former slave and washer-woman with lower than a 12 months of formal schooling who rose to develop into one of many 19th century's most vital and profitable Christian evangelists. in accordance with letters released in Christian newspapers, copies of her personal newspaper The Helper, and diverse public documents and records, this biography places Amanda Berry Smith's eventful lifestyles in a formal old viewpoint, comparing the numerous impression of her deeds.
This bold quantity assembled through pupil David W. Forbes encompasses a choice of 90 formerly unpublished letters, in addition to excerpts from diaries, written among 1881 and 1885 via Hawaiian royal consort Queen Emma Kaleleonālani. In Haste with Aloha illuminates the final 5 years of the Queen’s lifestyles and makes on hand an enormous list of royal social existence and customs in nineteenth-century Hawai‘i.
Authors Bob Alexander and Donaly E. Brice grappled with a number of matters whilst figuring out tips on how to relate a normal historical past of the Texas Rangers. should still emphasis be put on their frontier security opposed to Indians, or concentration extra on their position as guardians of the peace and statewide legislation enforcers? What in regards to the tumultuous Mexican Revolution interval, 1910-1920?
- Remembering Reconstruction: Struggles over the Meaning of America's Most Turbulent Era
- Livestock Brands and Marks
- Faces Like Devils: The Bald Knobber Vigilantes in the Ozarks
- Ten Years after Katrina: Critical Perspectives of the Storm's Effect on American Culture and Identity
- A Union Indivisible: Secession and the Politics of Slavery in the Border South (Civil War America)
- The Jamestown Voyages under the First Charter, 1606-1609: Documents relating to the Foundation of Jamestown and the History of the Jamestown Colony up ... 1609 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
Extra resources for A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by David Waldstreicher