By Barry Coward
- Comprises unique contributions via best students of the period
- Gives a magisterial evaluate of the ‘long' 17th century
- Provides a serious connection with ancient debates approximately Stuart Britain
- Offers new insights into the main political, spiritual and fiscal adjustments that happened in this period
- Includes bibliographical information for college students and scholars
Read Online or Download A Companion to Stuart Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History) PDF
Best historical reference books
"The Projecting Age" was once a time period the English novelist Daniel Defoe used to explain the top of the 17th century. This time period may possibly simply as simply be used, besides the fact that, to explain the interval often called the "Long Eighteenth Century" (1660-1789). The Age of initiatives makes use of the concept of a venture as a key to realizing the large social, cultural, political, literary, and clinical transitions that happened in Europe in this time.
This paintings bargains a social and cultural heritage of Victorian drugs "from below," as skilled by way of traditional practitioners and sufferers, frequently defined of their personal phrases. • bargains a chronology of scientific background in Victorian England• contains illustrations in each bankruptcy, akin to pictures from 19th-century scientific textbooks, journal cartoons, pictures, and work
The South Seas, as this area was once known as, conjured up photographs of experience, belles and savages, romance and very good fortunes, however the lengthy voyages of discovery and exploration of the massive Pacific Ocean have been quite an workout in remarkable logistics, navigation, not easy grit, shipwreck and natural good fortune.
Historians of the French Revolution have frequently emphasized the centrality of violence to innovative protest. besides the fact that, Micah Alpaugh unearths as a substitute the marvelous incidence of non-violent strategies to illustrate that a lot of the preferred motion taken in progressive Paris used to be no longer actually violent.
- Historical Dictionary of Thailand (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East)
- Writing History in the Digital Age (Digital Humanities)
- Mao's Road to Power: Revolutionary Writings: Volume VIII
- Tools for Constructing Chronologies: Crossing Disciplinary Boundaries (Lecture Notes in Statistics)
- African Insurgencies: From the Colonial Era to the 21st Century (Praeger Security International)
Additional info for A Companion to Stuart Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History)
A Companion to Stuart Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History) by Barry Coward