By G.T. Basden
Read or Download Among the Ibos of Nigeria 1912: 1912 PDF
Similar anthropology books
Henri Lefebvre and the Spanish city event is the 1st publication to entirely practice the French city philosopher's proposal on towns to the tradition and literature of Spain. Fraser indicates how Lefebvre's complicated view of urban as a cellular phenomenon is proper to knowing quite a few Spanish cultural products—from city plans and brief writing at the city expereince throughout the 19th century to city theories, cultural practices and literary fiction of the 20 th century, pushing directly to interrogate even te apperance of Mediterranean house and Barcelona in fresh videogames.
As we event and control time—be it as boredom or impatience—it turns into an item: whatever materialized and social, whatever that has effects on notion, or anything that could encourage reconsideration and alter. The editors and participants to this significant new ebook, Ethnographies of teenage and Temporality, have supplied a various number of ethnographic experiences and theoretical explorations of juvenile experiencing time in various modern socio-cultural settings.
This e-book illuminates the hidden background of South Korean start moms interested by the 60-year-long perform of transnational adoption. the writer provides a performance-based ethnography of maternity houses, a tv seek show,an net discussion board, and an oral historical past assortment to enhance the concept that of digital mothering, a theoretical framework within which the beginning moms' stories of isolating from, after which reconnecting with, the kid, in addition to their painful,ambivalent narratives of adoption losses, are rendered, felt and registered.
There's a common belief that lifestyles is quicker than it was. We pay attention consistent laments that we are living too quickly, that point is scarce, and that the speed of lifestyle is spiraling out of our regulate. the long-lasting picture that abounds is that of the frenetic, technologically tethered, iPhone/iPad-addicted citizen.
- Contingent Citizens: Professional Aspiration in a South African Hospital (LSE Monographs on Social Anthropology)
- New Critical Writings in Political Sociology: Volume Two: Conventional and Contentious Politics: Conventional and Contentious Politics v. 2
- Sorcerers of Dobu: The social anthropology of the Dobu Islanders of the Western Pacific
- The Economy of Hope
- Muslims and the New Information and Communication Technologies: Notes from an Emerging and Infinite Field: 7 (Muslims in Global Societies Series)
- The Public Life of Australian Multiculturalism: Building a Diverse Nation
Additional resources for Among the Ibos of Nigeria 1912: 1912
Among the Ibos of Nigeria 1912: 1912 by G.T. Basden