By Professor P. Tzamalikos
Read Online or Download An Ancient Commentary on the Book of Revelation PDF
Similar christian reference books
Lines the biblical unfolding of God's redemptive plan via 12 epochs. Praised by way of covenant and dispensational theologians alike.
This monograph examines the concept that of Jesus’ perfection within the Epistle to the Hebrews with regards to the wider theological subject matters of divine beneficence and divine “philanthropia”. 3 times in Hebrews Jesus is defined as being perfected (Hebrews 2:10, 5:9, 7:28), and in of those situations (Hebrews 2:10, 5:8-9) the writer explicitly hyperlinks the subject matter of Jesus’ affliction to the content material of his perfection.
Those volumes of the recent testomony and Greek Literature are the magnum opus of biblical pupil Dennis R. MacDonald, outlining the profound connections among the recent testomony and classical Greek poetry. MacDonald argues that the Gospel writers borrowed from tested literary resources to create tales approximately Jesus that readers of the day could locate convincing.
Juvencus’ Evangeliorum libri IV, or "The 4 Books of the Gospels," is a verse rendering of the gospel narrative written ca. 330 CE. together with round 3200 hexameter strains, it's the first of the Latin "Biblical epics" to seem in antiquity, and the 1st classicizing, hexameter poem on a Christian subject to seem within the western culture.
- The Saviour of the World (Routledge Revivals): Volume IV: The Bread of Life: 4
- A History of Biblical Interpretation, Volume 1: The Ancient Period (History of Biblical Interpretation Series)
- Old Testament Theology: Israel's Gospel: 1 (Old Testament Theology Series)
- Paul's Ekklesia as a Civic Assembly: Understanding the People of God in their Politico-Social World (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Acts: A Commentary (The New Testament Library)
Extra info for An Ancient Commentary on the Book of Revelation
An Ancient Commentary on the Book of Revelation by Professor P. Tzamalikos