By Stephen Hetherington II
1. creation: The paintings of specific epistemology
Part A. Epistemology as scientific?
2. an issue approximately epistemic dependence
3. Accounting for commitments: A priori wisdom, ontology, and logical entailments
4. Epistemic bootstrapping
5. extra compliment for Moore’s proof
6. Lotteries and the shut Shave principle
7. Skepticism, self-knowledge, and responsibility
8. a cheap contextualism (or, Austin reprised)
A. B. Dickerson
9. wondering contextualism
Part B. knowing knowledge?
10. Truthmaking and the Gettier problem
11. is understanding having the appropriate to be sure?
12. wisdom via purpose? at the chance of agent’s knowledge
13. Gettier’s theorem
14. wisdom that works: A story of 2 conceptual models
Read Online or Download Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science) PDF
Similar behavioural sciences books
Psychologists have regularly been attracted to curiosity, and so glossy examine on curiosity are available in approximately each sector of the sector: Researchers learning feelings, cognition, improvement, schooling, aesthetics, character, motivation, and vocations have built fascinating principles approximately what curiosity is and the way it really works.
This quantity tells the tale of analysis at the cognitive procedures of writing—from the views of the early pioneers, the modern participants, and visions of the longer term for the sector. Writing strategies yield very important insights into human cognition, and is more and more turning into a mainstream subject of research in cognitive psychology and cognitive neuroscience.
Cognitive neuroscience has grown right into a wealthy and complicated self-discipline, a few 35 years after the time period used to be coined. Given the good expanse of the sector, an inclusive and authoritative source corresponding to this instruction manual is required for studying the present state-of-the-science in cognitive neuroscience. unfold throughout volumes, the fifty nine chapters incorporated during this instruction manual systemically survey all elements of cognitive neuroscience, spanning belief, recognition, reminiscence, language, emotion, self and social cognition, better cognitive services, and medical purposes.
Prior reviews performed in the aviation have tested a mess of an important elements equivalent to coverage, airline provider caliber, and profit administration. an intensive physique of literature has additionally acknowledged the significance of decision-making in aviation, with the focal point predominantly on pilots and air site visitors controllers.
- Cognitive Development in Chimpanzees
- Dialogicality in Development (Advances in Child Development Within Culturally Structured Environments)
- Neuroscience of Pain, Stress, and Emotion: Psychological and Clinical Implications
- Handbook of Metamemory and Memory
Additional info for Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science)
Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science) by Stephen Hetherington II