By I. K. Das,P. G. Padmaja
Biotic tension Resistance in Millets presents an enormous advisor to the affliction and pest-related demanding situations of this important foodstuff crop. Biotic stresses are one of many significant constraints for millet construction, yet newly rising and forward-thinking issues of disorder and bug pests are inclined to elevate because of altering climate, making this an principal ebook on most sensible practices.
Current ideas are in general throughout the improvement of resistant cultivars, because the use of chemical substances is cost-prohibitive to lots of these generating millet in constructing nations the place it truly is of such a lot worth as a nutrition resource. This booklet explores non-chemical targeted innovations for bettering plant resistance and holding crop yield.
This single-volume reference can be vital for researchers, academics and scholars within the disciplines of Agricultural Entomology, Plant defense, Resistance Plant Breeding and Biotechnological pest management.
- Establishes uncomplicated ideas of host resistance supplying foundational perception
- Synthesizes prior biotic rigidity resistance examine with the newest findings to orient examine for destiny suggestions for plant protection
- Focuses solely on host plant resistance on all significant illnesses and pests of millets
- Presents facts and methods which are globally appropriate as millets achieve value as a health and wellbeing food
Read or Download Biotic Stress Resistance in Millets PDF
Best agriculture books
This booklet emphasizes source use and potency within the agricultural quarter and provides proof and analytical strategies of curiosity to welfare economists, sociologists, and agricultural coverage makers. initially released in 1972
Shoppers call for caliber milk with a cheap shelf-life, a demand that may be met extra effectively through the milk via use of more advantageous strategies and applied sciences. making certain the creation of secure milk additionally is still of paramount value. enhancing the protection and caliber of milk presents a complete and well timed connection with top perform and learn advances in those parts.
Micro irrigation, often referred to as trickle, drip, localized, excessive frequency, or pressurized irrigation, is an irrigation strategy that saves water and fertilizer via permitting water to drip slowly to the roots of vegetation, both onto the soil floor or without delay onto the basis area, via a community of valves, pipes, tubing, and emitters.
As city populations upward push speedily and matters approximately nutrients safeguard elevate, curiosity in city agriculture has been renewed in either built and constructing international locations. This publication specializes in the sustainable improvement of city agriculture and its dating to nutrition making plans in cities. It brings jointly the simplest revised and up to date papers from the Sixth Association of ecu faculties of making plans (AESOP) convention on Sustainable nutrition making plans.
- Food and Water Security (Balkema: Proceedings and Monographs in Engineering, Water and Earth Sciences)
- Environmental Soil Physics: Fundamentals, Applications, and Environmental Considerations
- Development Economics: The Role of Agriculture in Development
- Grüne Gentechnik – Chancen und Risiken (German Edition)
- Soil Organic Matter: Its Nature, Its Role in Soil Formation and in Soil Fertility
- Millets and Sorghum: Biology and Genetic Improvement
Additional resources for Biotic Stress Resistance in Millets
Biotic Stress Resistance in Millets by I. K. Das,P. G. Padmaja