By Emmanuel Brunet-Jailly
An excellent source for an individual learning present occasions, social reports, geopolitics, clash answer, and political technological know-how, this three-volume set offers vast assurance of roughly eighty present overseas border disputes and conflicts.
• offers introductory essays first and foremost of every quantity that designate the kind of dispute to be tested, offering scholars with an outstanding starting place as they research the case learn entries
• comprises excerpts and whole textual content of vital fundamental resource records equivalent to key courtroom rulings and treaties resolving border disputes
• helps the nationwide geography criteria curriculum for top college scholars in addition to the complicated Placement (AP) human geography topics
• presents a thesaurus of key words and ideas, a variety of maps, and a bibliography of assets of additional information
Read Online or Download Border Disputes: A Global Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: A Global Encyclopedia PDF
Best historical reference books
"The Projecting Age" used to be a time period the English novelist Daniel Defoe used to explain the top of the 17th century. This time period may perhaps simply as simply be used, even though, to explain the interval often called the "Long Eighteenth Century" (1660-1789). The Age of initiatives makes use of the idea of a venture as a key to figuring out the big social, cultural, political, literary, and medical transitions that happened in Europe in this time.
This paintings bargains a social and cultural heritage of Victorian medication "from below," as skilled via traditional practitioners and sufferers, usually defined of their personal phrases. • deals a chronology of scientific heritage in Victorian England• comprises illustrations in each bankruptcy, comparable to photos from 19th-century clinical textbooks, journal cartoons, pix, and work
The South Seas, as this sector was once referred to as, conjured up photos of event, belles and savages, romance and very good fortunes, however the lengthy voyages of discovery and exploration of the immense Pacific Ocean have been quite an workout in striking logistics, navigation, tough grit, shipwreck and natural good fortune.
Historians of the French Revolution have commonly emphasized the centrality of violence to progressive protest. although, Micah Alpaugh unearths as an alternative the brilliant occurrence of non-violent strategies to illustrate that a lot of the preferred motion taken in progressive Paris used to be now not actually violent.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece
- Crowd Actions in Britain and France from the Middle Ages to the Modern World
Extra info for Border Disputes: A Global Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: A Global Encyclopedia
Border Disputes: A Global Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: A Global Encyclopedia by Emmanuel Brunet-Jailly