By Richard Zuczek
Composed by way of the top historians within the box, this single-volume encyclopedia on Reconstruction promises the main concise, centred, and readable reference paintings to be had to educators and students.
• offers a concise, easy-to-read source perfect for prime tuition historical past scholars and basic readers protecting the most important actors and occasions of the Reconstruction Era
• comprises an introductory essay that provides readers a transparent framework for knowing the occasions, vital participants, legislation, and problems with the Reconstruction from 1863 via 1877
• permits readers to appreciate how the occasions of Reconstruction set the level for higher advances via African americans educationally, politically, and socially many years later
• offers entries written by way of the ultimate historians and researchers lively this day that replicate the newest in scholarship at the topic matter
By Emmanuel Brunet-Jailly
An excellent source for an individual learning present occasions, social reports, geopolitics, clash answer, and political technological know-how, this three-volume set offers vast assurance of roughly eighty present overseas border disputes and conflicts.
• offers introductory essays first and foremost of every quantity that designate the kind of dispute to be tested, offering scholars with an outstanding starting place as they research the case learn entries
• comprises excerpts and whole textual content of vital fundamental resource records equivalent to key courtroom rulings and treaties resolving border disputes
• helps the nationwide geography criteria curriculum for top college scholars in addition to the complicated Placement (AP) human geography topics
• presents a thesaurus of key words and ideas, a variety of maps, and a bibliography of assets of additional information
By Robert Stallaerts
By Michael S. Farbman
Written in 1918, this quantity makes an attempt to offer an un-biased account of the Russian Revolution and what it stood for, via asking to what quantity the Revolution used to be the results of the battle and the way a ways the fight for peace which the Revolution was once inherent in it. It discusses even if the peace coverage of the innovative democracy expressed the real goal of Russia on the time or have been the soviets quite alien to the folk and to the Revolution. It additionally questions even if the disintegration of Russia and the dissolution of the Russian military inevitable.
By Van John Sant,Peter Mauch,Yoneyuki Sugita
By Maximillian E. Novak
"The Projecting Age" was once a time period the English novelist Daniel Defoe used to explain the tip of the 17th century. This time period may simply as simply be used, although, to explain the interval referred to as the "Long Eighteenth Century" (1660-1789). The Age of Projects makes use of the inspiration of a undertaking as a key to realizing the big social, cultural, political, literary, and medical transitions that happened in Europe in this time.
The members to this assortment learn fraudulent, grandiose, altruistic, and idealistic tasks that display the period's radical breaks from the prior and its preoccupation with the long run. interpreting issues as different as Jonathan Swift's satire at the risk of a working laptop or computer, to Gottfried Leibniz's attempt to construct one, and Edmund Burke's prediction that the venture of democratic governance will be taken over via grasping adventurers, this quantity presents major perception into the period's objectives for a stronger future.
A well-balanced assortment through top students from assorted disciplines, The Age of Projects is an important contribution to highbrow heritage, literary heritage, and the heritage of science.
By Sarah K. Danielsson,Frank Jacob
By Christopher John Murray
By Guo Jian,Yongyi Song,Yuan Zhou
This moment variation of Historical Dictionary of the chinese language Cultural Revolution covers its historical past via a chronology, an introductory essay, word list, and an in depth bibliography. The dictionary part has over four hundred cross-referenced entries on very important personalities, politics, economic climate, overseas kin, faith, and tradition. This booklet is a wonderful entry aspect for college students, researchers, and an individual desirous to be aware of extra approximately this significant interval in chinese language history.
By K. Bekkaoui