By Leander E. Keck
Read or Download Christ's First Theologian: The Shape of Paul’s Thought PDF
Similar christian reference books
Strains the biblical unfolding of God's redemptive plan via 12 epochs. Praised via covenant and dispensational theologians alike.
This monograph examines the concept that of Jesus’ perfection within the Epistle to the Hebrews relating to the wider theological issues of divine beneficence and divine “philanthropia”. thrice in Hebrews Jesus is defined as being perfected (Hebrews 2:10, 5:9, 7:28), and in of those circumstances (Hebrews 2:10, 5:8-9) the writer explicitly hyperlinks the subject of Jesus’ affliction to the content material of his perfection.
Those volumes of the recent testomony and Greek Literature are the magnum opus of biblical student Dennis R. MacDonald, outlining the profound connections among the hot testomony and classical Greek poetry. MacDonald argues that the Gospel writers borrowed from demonstrated literary assets to create tales approximately Jesus that readers of the day could locate convincing.
Juvencus’ Evangeliorum libri IV, or "The 4 Books of the Gospels," is a verse rendering of the gospel narrative written ca. 330 CE. which include round 3200 hexameter traces, it's the first of the Latin "Biblical epics" to seem in antiquity, and the 1st classicizing, hexameter poem on a Christian subject to seem within the western culture.
- Paul's Ekklesia as a Civic Assembly: Understanding the People of God in their Politico-Social World (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- And Then the End Will Come: Early Latin Christian Interpretations of the Opening of the Seven Seals (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Evocations of the Calf?: Romans 1:18–2:11 and the Substructure of Psalm 106(105) (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Way Metaphors and Way Topics in Isaiah 40-55 (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- The Power of Images in Paul
- David’s Jerusalem: Between Memory and History (Routledge Studies in Religion)
Additional resources for Christ's First Theologian: The Shape of Paul’s Thought
Christ's First Theologian: The Shape of Paul’s Thought by Leander E. Keck