By Jon Hesk
Read or Download Deception and Democracy in Classical Athens PDF
Best ethics & morality books
Metaethics is the inquiry into the character of morality (or ethics, i exploit the phrases ‘morality’, ‘morals’, and ‘ethics’ as synonyms). once we move ethical decisions, what sort of claims are we then making? I converse of this because the semantic metaethical query. a re there ethical evidence, to be found through us and latest independently of our ideas and conceptualisation?
Modern cosmopolitan ethical theorists argue that during our more and more interconnected global all participants have to realize that ethical tasks span kingdom borders, concerning tasks similar to respecting human rights. Such arguments often concentrate on the tasks of people or on reforms for foreign political and financial associations.
Charting new territory within the interface among technology and ethics, technological know-how and advantage is a examine of the way the clinical mentality can have an effect on the development of personality, or the attainment of advantage by means of the person. Drawing on concept from virtue-ethics and virtue-epistemology, Caruana argues that technological know-how isn't just a process of data but in addition a huge issue settling on a lifestyle.
This special and well timed quantity examines the impression of worldwide variations on techniques of civil society. Divided into sections, it evaluates altering notions of ethics and the way those adjustments are operationalized. the 1st half bargains with the theoretical elements whereas the second one examines the sensible impression of the evolution of world ethics and norms on society.
- American Paradise: Hidden Ironies, Contradictions, Illusions, and Delusions, Paradoxes, Dilemmas, and Absurdities in American Life
- Virtuosity in Business: Invisible Law Guiding the Invisible Hand
- Handbook of the Sociology of Morality (Handbooks of Sociology and Social Research)
- The Therapeutic Cloning Debate: Global Science and Journalism in the Public Sphere
- The Meaning of 'Ought': Beyond Descriptivism and Expressivism in Metaethics (Oxford Moral Theory)
Extra info for Deception and Democracy in Classical Athens
Deception and Democracy in Classical Athens by Jon Hesk