By Richard D. Nelson
This quantity, part of the outdated testomony Library sequence, explores the e-book of Deuteronomy.
The outdated testomony Library presents clean and authoritative remedies of vital elements of previous testomony research via commentaries and normal surveys. The individuals are students of overseas standing.
Read or Download Deuteronomy (2002): A Commentary (The Old Testament Library) PDF
Best christian reference books
Strains the biblical unfolding of God's redemptive plan via 12 epochs. Praised via covenant and dispensational theologians alike.
This monograph examines the idea that of Jesus’ perfection within the Epistle to the Hebrews on the subject of the wider theological issues of divine beneficence and divine “philanthropia”. thrice in Hebrews Jesus is defined as being perfected (Hebrews 2:10, 5:9, 7:28), and in of those cases (Hebrews 2:10, 5:8-9) the writer explicitly hyperlinks the topic of Jesus’ anguish to the content material of his perfection.
Those volumes of the hot testomony and Greek Literature are the magnum opus of biblical student Dennis R. MacDonald, outlining the profound connections among the hot testomony and classical Greek poetry. MacDonald argues that the Gospel writers borrowed from proven literary assets to create tales approximately Jesus that readers of the day might locate convincing.
Juvencus’ Evangeliorum libri IV, or "The 4 Books of the Gospels," is a verse rendering of the gospel narrative written ca. 330 CE. together with round 3200 hexameter traces, it's the first of the Latin "Biblical epics" to seem in antiquity, and the 1st classicizing, hexameter poem on a Christian subject to seem within the western culture.
- The Rhetoric of Digressions: Revelation 7:1-17 and 10:1-11:13 and Ancient Communication (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- A Conclusion Unhindered: A Study of the Ending of Acts within its Literary Environment (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Apostle of the Crucified Lord: A Theological Introduction to Paul and His Letters
- Old Testament Theology: Israel's Gospel: 1 (Old Testament Theology Series)
- Paul and Virtue Ethics: Building Bridges Between New Testament Studies and Moral Theology
Additional info for Deuteronomy (2002): A Commentary (The Old Testament Library)
Deuteronomy (2002): A Commentary (The Old Testament Library) by Richard D. Nelson