By David Lamb
Read Online or Download Down the Slippery Slope: Arguing in Applied Ethics PDF
Best ethics & morality books
Metaethics is the inquiry into the character of morality (or ethics, i take advantage of the phrases ‘morality’, ‘morals’, and ‘ethics’ as synonyms). once we cross ethical decisions, what sort of claims are we then making? I converse of this because the semantic metaethical query. a re there ethical evidence, to be found by way of us and current independently of our concepts and conceptualisation?
Modern cosmopolitan ethical theorists argue that during our more and more interconnected global all contributors have to realize that ethical tasks span kingdom borders, concerning tasks equivalent to respecting human rights. Such arguments often concentrate on the tasks of people or on reforms for overseas political and financial associations.
Charting new territory within the interface among technology and ethics, technological know-how and advantage is a examine of ways the clinical mentality can have an effect on the development of personality, or the attainment of advantage through the person. Drawing on concept from virtue-ethics and virtue-epistemology, Caruana argues that technology isn't just a process of data but additionally a huge issue deciding on a lifestyle.
This distinctive and well timed quantity examines the effect of worldwide adjustments on strategies of civil society. Divided into sections, it evaluates altering notions of ethics and the way those variations are operationalized. the 1st half offers with the theoretical points whereas the second one examines the sensible effect of the evolution of worldwide ethics and norms on society.
- Ethical Security Studies: A New Research Agenda (Routledge Critical Security Studies)
- Creating Shared Value as Future Factor of Competition: Analysis and Empirical Evidence (Wirtschaftsethik in der globalisierten Welt)
- Needs and Moral Necessity (Routledge Studies in Ethics and Moral Theory)
- Speech and Morality: On the Metaethical Implications of Speaking
- Morals and Consent: Contractarian Solutions to Ethical Woes
- On Patience: Reclaiming a Foundational Virtue
Additional resources for Down the Slippery Slope: Arguing in Applied Ethics
Down the Slippery Slope: Arguing in Applied Ethics by David Lamb