By Bob Leszczak
Dynamic Duets is a must-read for vinyl creditors, track historians, and vintage hits radio DJs, and song fanatics of every age.
Read or Download Dynamic Duets: The Best Pop Collaborations from 1955 to 1999 PDF
Similar popular culture books
On tv, in magazines and books, on the net and in motion pictures, celebrities of every kind appear to monopolize our consciousness. superstar Society brings new dimensions to our knowing of star, taking pictures the way the determine of ‘the megastar’ is sure up with the emergence of modernity.
This publication explores the connection among activity and democratization. Drawing on sociological and historic methodologies, it presents a framework for knowing how recreation impacts the extent of egalitarianism within the society within which it really is performed. the writer distinguishes among horizontal recreation, which embodies and fosters egalitarian family, and vertical recreation, which embodies and fosters hierarchical relatives.
The ebook makes a speciality of the certain contribution that Joseph Maguire has made to procedure sociology and the research of recreation. Maguire’s paintings during the last 3 a long time highlights how method sociology has a special viewpoint at the courting among recreation, tradition and society, and to the physique, globalisation and civilisational research.
In its traditional that means, masquerade refers to a festive accumulating of individuals donning mask and stylish costumes. yet conventional types of masquerade have developed during the last century to incorporate the illustration of exchange identities within the media and venues of pop culture, together with tv, movie, the net, theater, museums, activities arenas, renowned magazines and a number of neighborhood celebrations, reenactments and conventions.
- National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music)
- Civic Engagement and Social Media: Political Participation Beyond Protest
- The Accelerated Sublime: Landscape, Tourism, and Identity: Landscape, Tourism and Identity
- Racism in American Popular Media: From Aunt Jemima to the Frito Bandito: From Aunt Jemima to the Frito Bandito (Racism in American Institutions)
- Latinos and American Popular Culture
- Rock'n America: A Social and Cultural History
Additional info for Dynamic Duets: The Best Pop Collaborations from 1955 to 1999
Dynamic Duets: The Best Pop Collaborations from 1955 to 1999 by Bob Leszczak