By Christopher John Murray
Read Online or Download ¤Encyclopedia of the Romantic Era, 1760–1850 PDF
Similar historical reference books
"The Projecting Age" was once a time period the English novelist Daniel Defoe used to explain the top of the 17th century. This time period may perhaps simply as simply be used, even though, to explain the interval referred to as the "Long Eighteenth Century" (1660-1789). The Age of initiatives makes use of the concept of a venture as a key to figuring out the large social, cultural, political, literary, and clinical transitions that happened in Europe in this time.
This paintings deals a social and cultural historical past of Victorian drugs "from below," as skilled through traditional practitioners and sufferers, usually defined of their personal phrases. • bargains a chronology of scientific background in Victorian England• comprises illustrations in each bankruptcy, equivalent to photographs from 19th-century scientific textbooks, journal cartoons, photographs, and work
The South Seas, as this zone was referred to as, conjured up pictures of experience, belles and savages, romance and really good fortunes, however the lengthy voyages of discovery and exploration of the colossal Pacific Ocean have been relatively an workout in notable logistics, navigation, difficult grit, shipwreck and natural success.
Historians of the French Revolution have ordinarily emphasized the centrality of violence to progressive protest. notwithstanding, Micah Alpaugh finds as an alternative the dazzling incidence of non-violent strategies to illustrate that a lot of the preferred motion taken in progressive Paris was once no longer in truth violent.
- Historical Dictionary of the Republic of Macedonia (Historical Dictionaries of Europe)
- The Generative Principle of Political Constitutions: Studies on Sovereignty, Religion and Enlightenment
- The Slaves Who Defeated Napoleon: Toussaint Louverture and the Haitian War of Independence, 1801–1804 (Atlantic Crossings)
- Historical Dictionary of U.S. Diplomacy from World War I through World War II (Historical Dictionaries of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations)
- Historical Dictionary of United States Political Parties (Historical Dictionaries of U.S. Politics and Political Eras)
Additional info for ¤Encyclopedia of the Romantic Era, 1760–1850
¤Encyclopedia of the Romantic Era, 1760–1850 by Christopher John Murray