By Mark Wolf
This encyclopedia collects and organizes theoretical and ancient content material with regards to games, protecting the folk, platforms, applied sciences, and theoretical techniques in addition to the video games themselves.
• greater than three hundred A–Z cross-referenced and built-in entries, from Atari to Zelda
• Dozens of screenshots and photographs
• A "Further interpreting" bibliography part is incorporated with many entries
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Video Games: The Culture, Technology, and Art of Gaming [2 volumes]: The Culture, Technology, and Art of Gaming PDF
Similar popular culture books
On tv, in magazines and books, on the web and in movies, celebrities of all kinds appear to monopolize our awareness. big name Society brings new dimensions to our knowing of big name, taking pictures the best way the determine of ‘the megastar’ is certain up with the emergence of modernity.
This e-book explores the connection among activity and democratization. Drawing on sociological and old methodologies, it offers a framework for figuring out how activity impacts the extent of egalitarianism within the society during which it truly is performed. the writer distinguishes among horizontal activity, which embodies and fosters egalitarian family members, and vertical game, which embodies and fosters hierarchical family.
The publication specializes in the special contribution that Joseph Maguire has made to approach sociology and the learn of recreation. Maguire’s paintings over the last 3 many years highlights how procedure sociology has a distinct point of view at the courting among recreation, tradition and society, and to the physique, globalisation and civilisational research.
In its traditional that means, masquerade refers to a festive accumulating of individuals donning mask and stylish costumes. yet conventional different types of masquerade have developed over the last century to incorporate the illustration of trade identities within the media and venues of pop culture, together with tv, movie, the net, theater, museums, activities arenas, well known magazines and a number of neighborhood celebrations, reenactments and conventions.
- Television, Religion, and Supernatural: Hunting Monsters, Finding Gods
- Poker: The Parody of Capitalism
- Malcolm Arnold: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- Niklas Luhmann: Education as a Social System (SpringerBriefs in Education)
- Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2010 (Lentz’s Performing Arts Obituaries)
- Cultural Production in and Beyond the Recording Studio (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
Extra info for Encyclopedia of Video Games: The Culture, Technology, and Art of Gaming [2 volumes]: The Culture, Technology, and Art of Gaming
Encyclopedia of Video Games: The Culture, Technology, and Art of Gaming [2 volumes]: The Culture, Technology, and Art of Gaming by Mark Wolf